buka FB terbaca artikel bertajuk -criterias for becoming a Malaysian Govt Doctor..
gila kejam statement2 tu..rasa cam nak kena cardiac arrest je gayanya (ok..statement over ckit hihi)
then somehow terkesan la kejap pada ainsabrina..rasa cam aik betul ke pilihan ain sabrina ni..(selalu sgt dah ada rasa ragu2 ni..lebih2 tggal berapa tahun je lagi akan jadi doktor sebenar *mengeluh* )
then malam ckit terbaca feedback kepada artikel tu..ni cam dapat defibrillator hikhik
--> so semangat ain sabrina dapat diselamatkan dengan defibrillator ni ^^
nak tau apa artikel & feedbacknya..
baca bawah ni..
ain sabrina dah combine kan..
yg tulisan biasa tu artikel sebenar then yg dihighlightkan tu adalah feedback kepada artikel sebenar =)
Criterias for becoming a Malaysian Govt Doctor.
1. No life outside medicine; this includes dating, sports, clubbing, chores for your parents and visiting the toilet
1. There is life outside medicine. Who said so you can't have life outside medicine. That's ridiculous. Think! There is doctor who is married with doctor in the same hospital. Also, there is doctor who is dating with staff in the hospital, including nurses! Well, that's what I call dating. Sport? Walking, running in the hospital isn't that call sport? Don't be "closed-minded" Think! There is doctor who joins the Fitness First. Clubbing? A muslim should avoid this. You know that. Think! Can't do chores for your parents? Of course you can’t if you are not living with them in the same house. But wait, praying Dua’ for your parents isn’t that one’s must do? That’s one simple chore you can do for your parents. Think! Even, there are doctors who become a member of NGO of Islamic Society eg. IKRAM, KARISMA, JIM, others as to dakwah. Think! The is life outside medicine. It’s just you who make your life in such a cocoon. Think!
2. Not to live with your parents. Move out ASAP as they will never understand the ludicrous working hours that u go through. Furthermore, chores are not suitable for u as to rule No. 1.
2. When you are in the working profession, you earn your own money. You have your own life. Still living with parents under one roof and being pampered by them? Of course not. And of course you can, if you want to. Well, not only doctors who are not living with their parents! Don't you think so? Think! Move out of the house ASAP because your parents wouldn’t understand your job? Please don’t follow this advice. Don’t run away from your parents. They wouldn’t understand your job? They’ve raised you up until you are able to stand on your own feet. They know you. They will know. They never come to hospital watching how a doctor working? I bet your mom had admitted to any Gynecology ward before this. Think!
3. Not to be married until completion of all 4 years of Govt Compulsory service as u will be transferred left and right to some of the most remote Govt clinics in Malaysia. Having wife and kids to follow you to your new working area may increase high level of stress on all parties. Furthermore, if your spouse is a Govt Doctor, he/she will also be transferred away from u and no matter what appeal is made, KKM will put up a deaf ear (unless u have big cables or of a certain skin color).
3. Bila jodoh dah sampai seru dan berkemampuan, berkahwinlah. Sememangnya fitrah manusia ingin saling mencintai dan dikasihi. No need to wait until you have complete for the Govt compulsory services. There is medical student who married during study. There is houseman who married her registra. Think! There is life outside medicine
4. If married, no to have children until u finish all 4 years of Govt Compulsory service, as to which u and your spouse will not have much time for your child/children or they end up not recognizing u and refer the Indonesian maid as their mother (change in language patterns commonly follow).
4. Get baby as soon as possible after getting married. Well, depend on your luck. Rezeki Allah bg lain-lain. Fikir balik. Apekah tujuan berkahwin? Tak mau anak? Panjangkanlah zuriatmu yang baik-baik sementara nyawa masih ada. Think!
5. To obtain life insurance once your govt service begins as there is not many claims for accidents during work. Don't be fooled, Doctoring in Malaysia is hazardous.
5. Follow the work protocols in your hospital. That what keeps you safe. Think!
6. Able to withstand 36 hours of non stop work and stress without mistakenly labeling Left for Right or uvula for vulva (or Volvo S40)
6. 36 hours working non stop? Trust me, you can sleep in between. Yes, I’ve seen doctors doing it. Are you really sure non stop? Muslim has break for prayers. Isn’t that enough? How many doctors have died because of this? None. Think! Everybody can do it. Allah akan bagi ujian yang hanye setimpal dengan kemampuanmu.
7. To buy a car with complete safety features (like I'm doing) which includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, side-front-rear-top-parallel and diagonal impact bars and seat belts to ensure survivability if u are involved in an accident because your driving resembled a drunkard maniac after working in the hospital for 40 hrs non stop.
7. Don’t drive if you know that you are drowsy or disoriented. Don’t be stupid. Get a taxi. Be smart, be safe. Think!
8. Constant supply of coffee
8. Coffee contain caffeine, and some how it can cause tolerance. If you are a coffee lover, of course you need constant supply of it. For coffee hater like me, better to avoid it. Find a better way to keep you fresh. Think!
9. Nicotine Patch as u will have the urge to start smoking due to overwhelming stress
9. Managing stress is very important. I’m sure you have had experienced any stressful event in your life. But yet, you managed to get over it. How? Nicotine patch? Definitely not. You are doctor. Don’t abuse drug. That’s why you learn psychiatry aren’t you? Think!
10. Interest in watching medical sitcoms such as House MD, Scrubs, ER, Grays Anatomy and Chicago Hope to inspire u to continue your life as a doctor as the exciting things u see on TV does not resemble the real life of a Malaysian govt doctor.
10. Don’t get over influenced by the media. That’s are all movies to be watched by the people all over the world. Of course the story line are all made up and making its much interesting. Don’t you think so? Do you think that the doctors’ life in the movies (House, Scrubs, Grey Anatomy) resembles its own doctors’ life in its country? Do you think so? Think! Do you think that you can get better life in other hospital than in Malaysia? How better is better? Think!
11. Not to have any pets or plants (not even cactuses) as u will have no time to feed or care for them and eventually all will end up in your mortuary.
11. There are doctors who have gardens at their houses. Yes, they have maid. So?
12. Able to endure the stench of your own sweat as to when 36 hours "on call" does not permit u time to bathe or freshen up.
12. Try to walk around with houseman in the hospital during your practical year. Don’t forget to smell them. Do they smelly? Never in my experience! They have time to take a break, and have bath. Think!
13. Able to carry on working without food or water over 15 hours. ( I was in OT for 16 hrs without food, water or bathroom breaks). If during fasting month, able to break your fast with ?water for injection? as u had no time to buy food.
13. Fasting. Islam has trained you to stay empty stomach, right? Sacrificing yourself to save someone’s life isn’t that beautiful? Think!
14. Able to come to work with fever/cough/illness or physical disability (sprained ankle etc) as to which doctors do not deserve MCs. (My MO was on crutches during rounds)
14. Doctors do deserve MCs. Who says so that they’re not deserve to get one?! Remember, we are all human being and human gets sick when they get sick. Don’t you think so? Nobody is perfect. My supervisor had MC because she had sore throat. What?! Sore throat? Think!
15. Able to stand scolding, destructive criticism, kiss ass behaviors, racial bias, finger pointing, scape goating, and in competency from your superiors.
15. Scolding, destructive criticism, racial bias, finger pointing from your supervisors are nothing. I am very sure you have trained to become resistant with all of these negative tortures during your practical years. Think! Why they do that? They love you. They want to make you a better doctor. They don’t want you to make mistakes. This profession involving lives. This is not a playground. Think! You want being pampered by them? Being nicely treated by them? This is not kindergarten anymore. Think! I love being scolded. That what keeps me moving on.
16. Able to withstand the jealousy when your friends call u up for some fun and ur stuck in the hospital during on call.
16. You think your life will be just confined to the hospital only? How many doctors having fun with families, travelling around the world, win noble prizes, etc, etc, etc………..? Think!
then i like few advice the feedback writer give at the end of his article..
Never regret of what you are doing now, Medical Students…
Isn’t this your school-age AMBITION?
Yer cikgu, saye nak jadi dokter. Saye nak bantu orang sakit.
Wasn’t that your kiddy answer?
Yes, you wanted to be here. Yes you are.
Think! Think back.
Its not easy to get you here. Yes, here. How many years had you struggled to get you in this profession. You are now half-step distance to become a doctor. Never turn back.
I do believe that my life has been planned by Allah. Why am I here? Because Allah had planned for me to be here. Ouh, I need to find the hikmah behinds these. Allah knows what is the best for His servants.
Never let negative thought under estimate yourself, your capability. If other doctors who can do it, why not you? WHY NOT YOU? Of course there is NO SHORTCUT to be one. A consultant. You think it is easy to become one? They also had struggled through tough years to be one. Yes.
Every king was once a weak baby, and every awesome building was once just a drawing on a piece of paper. And you? THINK!
Jadi doktor, satu pekerjaan yang mulia. Yes, doctors playing God. But yet, everything happen dengan IzinNya. Saving lives, isn’t that mulia? Imagine you save someone’s life or making someone to have a better quality of life. And that person able to beribadat and do good things because you’ve helped that person. Don’t you think “saham pahala” gets to you? Allah knows.
What other profession yang the customer really trust the person? None can beat doctor profession. So, use this opportunity to dakwah as well. J
So GOOD LUCK my friends!
article taken from FB
the original article
the feedback article
pernah rasa cam tak nak jadi doktor dah..cam regret pilih jalan ni..sedangkan dari kecik lagi tak pernah berubah cita2..asyik nak jadi doktor je..sekarang??rasa ragu2 lak..
then somehow rindukan ain sabrina yang dulu..ain sabrina yang sentiasa bersemangat..ain sabrina yang jarang berputus asa..
dulu masa kecik2..cakap nak jadi doktor..ramai yang pandang sebelah mata je..pandang kerek..ye la budak tak brapa pandai ni ada hati nak jadi doktor..kena gelak bagai dengan orang bila cakap pasal cita2..tapi ain sabrina yang dahulu still bersemangat nak capai cita-cita dia..tapi ain sabrina yang dulu dah hilang..ain sabrina yang sekarang mudah patah semnagat *mnegeluh lagi*
i want that spirit back !!!
pray for me =)
p/s : kadang2 ain sabrina perlukan artikel camni untuk naikkan semangat dia balik..ibarat hp yang perlukan chargernya..
now,I'm charged !! ^^
2 weeks ago